Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunny funny weekend. Two parks. Two mad J's. BEWWWWWWWWW!





A week ago...

Friday evening flew by: sunshine, fun trip home, dinner and bed before we knew it. Saturday was the big one. Early up and off to Phoenix Park. Jake ran about full of energy, pointing at flowers and telling me,

"Yellow."

Point. "Purple."

Point. "Yellow again!"

We went to the big pillar/obelisk and Jake ran up and down the hill with a big grin on his face:


We spent hours in the sunshine laughing and playing. Jake is always up for a laugh and this day was no exception. I flew him about like an aeroplane, tickled him til he was nearly crying with laughter, and basically acting the eejit to keep him grinning. Mission accomplished!



Before I knew it it was afternoon and we were to set off into town, pick up a few things, but not before...



I'd chat to him, tell him how funny he was and pull a funny face and he'd go from solemn to hysterical in one second. I love Jakey and I love how happy he is all the time, you can even tell just by his cheeks he has a grin in this one:


We spent the day eating ice-cream and chocolate and running around in the sun. We were both kids and it was delightful. On the Ha'penny Bridge I took a picture of the two of us:

When we got to Stephen's Green it was eveningtime and ever-energetic Jake kept going. Balancing on the little railings, pointing at the trees ("TREE!") and smiling up at me.



Jake inspected my camera. Look at his little content face as he figures out how the batteries go in...


He's a straight-up poser. And rightfully so.



I had him in stitches doing the Thomas the Tank Engine music, doing this big mad loud
 "Bewwwwwwwwww!"
noise at the middle and end of the song. Every time he'd lean in close, knowing it was coming, and when it came he'd jump nearly out of his socks and laugh out loud, his hair would flop back and oh what a funny weird little pair we are.
Home-time: on the bus, it's 8pm, I'm shattered. He's not. "Bus again!"


We both conked after dinner. Bed. Sleep. Sunday rushed past. We swept back to Wexford. Jake slept on my lap. I woke him just as we approached the stop, cuddled him close. Off the bus, I stood him up,kissed both his cheeks, looked him in the eyes and said "Now be good for your Mammy." Jake grunted, half-asleep.

I wave goodbye, and he's gone til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment